3.16.2009

Cancun Day 3: Tuesday

Because I had pretty much passed out (thank you mango margaritas and Corona) at 930ish I was wide awake and bushy tailed by 630 Tuesday. I tossed and turned until about 7 and decided to get up and go downstairs. I snapped a few pictures and noticed all the lounges were starting to fill up with place holding towels already so I scoped out a few empties and planted it.


Sun rise, I could totally get out of bed really early if this is what I will see!

Look at how blue that water is! I just can't believe how blue it is!


This is the view from our hotel room.
So started a day that consisted of mainly reading magazines, napping, rotating on the lounge, occasionally splashing around in the pool and ocean, and people watching. It was pretty amazing.
I'm serious. That is all we did until 4pm.
At that point we went upstairs and showered, took another nap, got dressed and went on a Pirate dinner cruise. Sort of like Medieval Times, but on a pirate ship. By the time we got there on the bus we had a few minutes to wander around and pose for pictures with the pirates and Davey Jones. Now, I'm an adult, and I realize there was another adult in the costume....but he totally freaked me out.
This is one of the boats in our armada (is that the right word?)


I told Matthew these were my friends Carrrrghl, Darrghl and Bob


See? CREEPY!

There was music, dancing, pirates swinging through the air and sword fights. There was a lot of piratey stuff, but it was also just a good time. The pirates were hilarious, and even better....there was an open bar.
Oh, but there was the most irritating woman on the boat sitting across from her. But apparently, I was so uncouth (by saying pee) that she moved tables. That was after she stated I reminded her of her daughter, which she later retracted. I am sooooo charming!

After the boat ride we rode the bus alllll the way back down the strip to the hotel and collapsed into bed. Chitzen Itza was next, and we had a 8am date with a tour bus.

1 comment:

Etepay said...

I can't even begin to describe the longing I have now to go on a real vacation after seeing how blue that water is.

Of course I'm not sure I'd be so friendly with the pirates! LOL.

What a great trip!