12.02.2008

Very Productive

I've been uber productive lately and I'm getting really excited about the way my house is coming together. Over Thanksgiving I went to Mom and Dad's in BG and raided their house and UJ's storage unit. I also bought a few things at Goodwill. (A sweet barrel back chair which I love)


Then the day after Thanksgiving mom, Sharen and I got up and went to Lowe's by 6am to buy a sofa table and 2 buffet lamps that were on sale for $50 total for all three pieces. Plus I checked out behind mom and ended up getting a $10 off coupon, so it was $40!

After much ass kicking on the Wii and eating my weight in turkey and stuffing I drove back down 75 to Cincinnati.

After working Saturday and Washington Project Sunday I came home and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Not so productive on the surface, but it's really helped me a lot the last few days, I didn't exactly sleep my life away up in BG.

Sunday I washed, sanded and spackled the living room wall that still needed painting and carried in all the aforementioned furniture from my garage. I also did a ton of laundry and tried not to cry from exhaustion and party planning OCD.

Monday I worked. When I got home about 6pm I promptly set out to paint the living room wall before I got to tired again. So I painted that wall, and also put another coat on the trim in the hall. I cleaned up all my painting supplies and put together the sofa table and lamps and rearranged some furniture to try to make it fit a little better. Here is my end result








Immediately to the right of the brown rocker is where the front door opens to. I just can't figure out what to do with those pesky cords. I was thinking I could put something under there to cover them, but what if the house catches fire?! Maybe I'll use some twist ties and clean them up a little.... What's that sitting in between the lamps you say? That would be, my very first Christmas decoration!

I also placed the reddish bookcase by the stairs to the garage entrance. I can't decide if it's to awkward there or not. Tonight I'm going to try to put a white cloth on top to see if it looks more finished from the back that will help. See the front and back below and let me know what you think:

Here's the front, it's a three shelf bookcase and if you notice the light coming through the cracks in the back it's very rustic and unfinished looking




Here's the back view from the basement stairs. The white cloth will be to clean up this view of it.





I really enjoy having the light there though. It really warms up the rooms without having the glare of the overhead light.
Tonight Sharen is coming over and we're going to unpack and organize some more, maybe put up the Christmas tree. I have so much to do before Saturday, but I'm feeling so much better now that the wall is painted and sofa table put up!

4 comments:

Etepay said...

My opinion:

I like the table and chairs by the front door. I do think a twist tie would help clean up the cords (why didn't the designers think of that? hello?) if not you could paint them white, or there are molding pieces to hide cords you could paint to match the walls (you just love the word paint don't you).

As far as the bookshelf, I'm having a little trouble with that. I agree a cloth would help it a bit, but it's something I'd have to really see in the space. The pictures aren't visual enough for me.

But ultimately it's up to you, it's how you feel about it.

Whatever you do will be perfect!!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Pete. I like the idea of the moliding to hid the cords. There's just something about a painted cord that makes me wrinkle my nose.
From the picture, the back of the bookshelve doesn't look too bad. I think Pete and I should schedule a bookshelf consultation with you. :)

Anonymous said...

I want to be part of the bookshelf delegation!!!!

Actually, I get to see it first hand on Saturday!!! I'm so excited!!!

LaCourse said...

I like that you were spackeling :)