12.03.2008

Hold on

I heard today, about the 3rd person in 3 weeks that has committed suicide.  None of them were people that I know, but it's just so sad.  I also heard today about a friend of mine who I care about that had been having chest pains.  They went into the hospital Monday and are still there, having had quintuple bypass surgery today.  
There is just so much damage and brokenness in this world.  Today I just had to keep stepping back and reminding myself that God is good, that God is good.
It's times like these that make me so thankful for the reasons I never actually killed myself. Seeing the back end, the survivor stories I realize just how terrible it would have been had I gone through with the fantastical ideas I had.

Even when we can't see him, even when we sure that he isn't there, even when we don't believe in him or even when we hate him God is there and he is good.  It is the world that is evil, broken, damaged, and out of control.  I pray for those left behind and for those in hospitals alone tonight, and for those sleeping alone because their husband is in the hospital.  I pray that God is known through all of these circumstances because God is good.  God is enough.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases his mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning: great is your faithfulness.  "The Lord is my portion", says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him"
Lamentations 3:22-24
But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.  I cried aloud to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy hill.  I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. 
Psalm 3:3-5




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't do much but sigh. And pray.

Sigh and pray, sigh and pray.

You're so right about the sadness and brokenness. They started walking people out at work today, with more to follow. My heart hurts for all these people, and I'm so thankful to God for my job.

I'm going to try to be thankful and happy for/with what I have and try to stop being so selfish and greedy.

The world needs a hug.