7.16.2008

The next time

The next time I get cranky, tired, snippy, and just all around nasty and bitchy I'm going think about Amy.
Amy who has ovarian cancer and had chemo today. Amy who called me back from the chemo chair and said, of course, she would still be at Sports Camp tonight and she would have her cotton candy machine. Amy who told me how good God is while washing dried pink cotton candy off of her arms. Amy who a few months ago had chemo and then went to our friend Bill's baptism.
Amy who has had her moments, a lot of them sometimes. Amy who has contemplated the "new normal" that she is walking towards. Amy who told her doctors her chemo better be done by this fall so she can go to Ghana.
Amy who is a prayer warrior , Amy who is kind and wickedly funny.

So the next time I think it's to hard, to much, to overwhelming, I'm going to think about Amy.

No comments: