7.15.2008

I heard a rumor today

That I brought a date to church on Sunday....
So Ben tells me at life group tonight that they were talking about an intern going on a date with someone he met at church. Ben said that someone then mentioned that I had a *gasp* MAN at church with me on Sunday.
Gee Pete, apparently everywhere we go we get salacious rumors started about our relationship status.
Now Ben knows Pete is just a friend, and told the staff not to put the horse before the cart in this case.

After Ben tells me this story I tell him one that probably hasn't helped the small (because really it was like a 1 minute conversation, but this will help illustrate how my life as a Seinfeld episode) rumor. Pete and I were going to be bringing 100 bibles to church. I had emailed Ryan several times asking him if he needed the bibles 1st service (so we could drop them off Saturday) or if we could just bring them 2nd. I never heard from him, so I assumed 2nd service was fine (because I was sleeping in dang it!)
Well he sent me a text about 8am asking if I could bring them to first service, he had just seen my email. As I was dragging myself out of bed I typed the reply:
"Sure. We just got up, we'll be there as soon as we can"

We. As in Pete and I. As in the MAN I brought with me to church. As in the inference is that we just woke up together.
Ha!

Now for those of you that are curious Pete was nice and comfy on the air mattress in the living room, I was getting un-snuggled from my bed in my bedroom, and we were both totally clothed.
I'm just saying, I wonder if those two pieces were put together when I walked in with a man. If so, how hilariously awkward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better than being accused of sexual misconduct on the back of the CHS Band bus!!!

But hey, Pete's a nice guy, so being associated with him in "that way" can't be all bad, right?