6.10.2008

Oh the irony....

I'm not sure that this actually IS ironic...but here is the diagnosis. Prepare yourself. Hold on, it's something awful, terrible and completely unexpected....are you ready?

I'm fat.

WOW.
So the good news is that I don't have PCOS, that I'm not diabetic/pre-diabetic, I don't have a thyroid issue, my cholesterol and all that junk is ok. I also am free of all STDs (unsurprisingly to me, but it was....awkward...when she threw that info out there) The good news is that so far as my blood and lady tests show there is nothing chemically or genetically wrong with me (is that the same, I just don't know)
The bad news is, there isn't anything wrong with me. It's all my fault. I'm fat. I have fat disease.
Boy, I'm so glad we cleared that up! Now, if only I could pay the dr $60 more for her to tell me I'm a woman. (wo man!)
The dr delicately said that since there is "more of me to love" my estrogen is out of whack and my brain just doesn't prompt me to ovulate. So there you go. I'm going on the pill to force me to coughhaveaperiodcough.

I went to dinner with Tony tonight. (He actually asked if he is called Tony still and if Daryl mentions him on his blog, I said no and that I don't really talk about him anymore since we never hang out and that Daryl would just call him by his real name)......but I digress. We had a nice conversation and I literally blathered on and on about this whole weight thing. He had some helpful things to say. The funniest thing was when he told me about the last time he ate at a Panera he had a bread bowl of soup, a sandwich on bread, with a side of bread....I don't know why it was so funny, but I'm still giggling.

Then on the way home I was thinking about my day, and my fat disease, so I went home and got changed and went to work out for an hour. It felt good. Then I weighed myself at the gym....blech. But I'm going to weigh again next week and see where I'm at. Eat less move more...no fast food, working on no soda...I just keep repeating it over and over again.

Then I came home and cut up lettuce, celery, carrots, cucumbers, and honey dew and made myself a salad for dinner tomorrow (I'm eating early at work so I can go work out before bible study) and packed a lunch for tomorrow too.

So here goes nothing. I think an unfat Bethany will be weird, it's been so damn long.

No comments: