6.09.2008

I'm a loser baby

Don't worry, I won't be doing this every day. But I'm pretty proud of my day today.
First of all I went to Meijer last night and had the healthiest shopping spree of all time. I bought nothing that was "bad" for me. Now, I mean bad like the box of swiss cake rolls I ate in one sitting last week....
I bought snap peas, plums, nectarines, bananas, lettuce, celery, carrots, broccoli, lean turkey cutlets, sliced turkey and chicken breast to go in my whole wheat wraps, provolone, and a honeydew melon. I also got pretzels instead of the doritos I wanted. I bought 100 calorie packs of chocolate chip bits mixed with some cookie puffs so I don't cave and bury my head in a pack of double stuff oreos.
Oh, I also bought a stir fry skillet. Mom said I could probably just use a regular skillet, but I looked at this one and it's deeper then my other ones, and I imagine I'll be flipping veggies in the air in no time. I'm going to stir fry up the turkey cutlets and veggies to put in my wraps or just eat plain. I got yogurt too, I'm not really feeling that, but I'm choking it down as a healthy alternative to my mid afternoon binge. hmmmmmm what else.....oh, and Tupperware. My goal is to intentionally set aside time on Sunday's to make most of my meals for the week so I can just grab and go instead of going to a fast food joint.

Hello my name is Bethany and it has been almost three days since I've eaten at a fast food restaurant. (well I had 1 Wendy's fry that I stole from Matthew tonight). I keep it on the DL, but that is about 3 times as long as I've gone in the last I don't even know how long. Tonight before Sharen and the kids came over to swim she called and said they were going through Wendy's did I want anything...I wavered for a moment but I ended up just eating my leftover Pappadeaux like I was planning. (not the best for me, but there were steamed veggies and some chicken instead of red meat so....)
I also worked out today for almost an hour. I rode 7 miles on the bike and walk/jogged for about 5 minutes after that. Then I did some upper body weights.
I felt like an urban nomad with my 3 outfits today...(1 for CGM this morning, 1 for work, and 1 for working out..and shoes for each!) But all in all it was a wonderful day. I even got to go swimming in a freeeeezing cold pool.

Tomorrow is the wretched doctors appointment where I find out I have some terminal illness (or PCOS whatever). I'm fairly certain it will be PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome), and all the literature says that even the slightest weight loss can help reduce or eradicate the need for medication...while I'm ok with slight weight loss I have a slightly loftier goal in mind. The other thing about PCOS is that it can make it difficult to lose weight, and maintain weight loss.

So I hope that I can be a loser.

No comments: