4.03.2008

C'MON!

So yesterday the powers that be here at the Luxury Apartments at Kensington Park inspected apartments and replaced furnace filters. They were looking specifically for any leaks as well. They advised that if we had dogs to crate them, and if we had cats we should lock them in the bathroom.
So I settled Agnes and Gertrude in the bathroom with their food and water (litter box is already in there) and some cat toys and shut the door, and left for the day.
I got home from work that night and the cats were out of the bathroom but still in the apartment.

Small aside:
When I resigned my lease last August I told the office person that I signed my lease in front of that I had gotten the cats and that I knew there was pet rent and a deposit, so I asked how much it was. She said that since I had already lived here a year, and was signing on for another year they would waive it for me. Are you sure I asked? Yes, she said. I told her that I didn’t want to get her in trouble and she said it was fine. GREAT!
Then in January when the whole counter stapling/ carpet stain/ broken deck sage was happening Sarah (remember that name) and the head maintenance man came over to my apartment and looked at all the issue. I distinctly remember Sarah walking in and the cats walked over to her. She commented on how pretty they were and bent down to PET them. Ok. Got that in your memory? Great.

Ok. So I get up this morning and go to work. Then I go to Sharen’s after for dinner and head home to catch CSI. As I’m carrying my dyson (YAY!) up the stairs I see a piece of paper stuck in my door. I grab it and walk in. The piece of paper says:

***Quote***
It has come to the attention of the management team that you are keeping 2 cats in your apartment.

This is in DIRECT violation of you lease agreement, which clearly states residents are not to keep animals, even temporarily, in the apartment of community without prior written consent from Kensington Park. The presence of a pet or animal (what other type of pet is there?) in your apartment constitutes a breach of your lease agreement and is cause for eviction. Your account has been charged $40 for the cats and a $200 pet deposit will be needed by May 1st.

Please contact the Kensington Park office within 24 hours with your response to this notice. We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Sarah Wade
Property Manager


I MEAN REALLY! REALLY! SARAH WADE!
I’m going to respond. I’m going to go in to the effing office tomorrow and tell SARAH WADE that it came to her attention 3 months ago when she was PETTING MY CATS that I had cats in my apartment. It came to the leasing offices attention almost a year ago when I TRIED to pay a pet deposit and pet rent and they said not to worry about it, it wasn’t necessary.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!

1 comment:

Mommyto3 said...

Maybe there should be a David Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Kensignton Apartment's to have their employees to have adequate training before they work for them.

ha ha