3.24.2008

Because it's not ALL doom and gloom

Here is my weekend by the days...just to help you all out since I'm being so glum lately.

Friday: half day (yay!)
I had an outreach meeting with Ryan at 130. We met for about an hour and planned the year out loosely, but with the dates and general idea of outreaches more specific. Also, good conversation about leadership and hard conversations. All around pretty encouraging and all that crap in regards to leading outreach (I'd been feeling a little stressed about it lately)
Then I went home and took a semi-nap. Meaning, I didn't really sleep (or at least for more then a few minutes) but I laid in bed and watched TV, closing my eyes every once in awhile, but mainly just laying there petting cats and watching TV.
Then I got up and got all sassed up and met Alaina, Heather, Dee, and Susan at PF Changs for Heathers bday. The 2nd best thing about that meal (after the company) was that it was FREE! I laughed so hard, and got to feast my eyes on Eamom, the waiter that I have a ridiculous crush on. I told Alaina I wanted him to make out with me, she said, WHY!? I said, because I want to make out with him and it would make it less awkward if he participated. (Funny because it's TRUE)
I headed home about 945 and was asleep by 11

Saturday:
I woke up about 10am and watched That's so Raven and Hannah Montana (I'm not ashamed). Then I took a loooong hot shower and got some laundry around. I headed over to Claire and Fred's about 1230 to dog sit Shadow and Trooper while the humans of that house went to Columbus for Easter. I watched 12 Monkeys and realized I have never seen that movie straight through. I mean, I've watched it but not all in one sitting or even in chronological order.
At 6 I headed over to church for a few hours. Our basement flooded and that's where kids church is so I helped carry stuff back into the clean basement and did A LOT of vacuuming. While Jessica was vacuuming the kids check in room a TV on a VERY wobbly book truck tipped. On the truck was also a PS2 and the whole shebang fell on two guitar hero guitars. Jessica hurt her knee trying to stop it! But I'm happy to report that NOTHING was damaged or even scratched in the process.
Headed back to Claire and Fred's around 8 and watched Kevin James stand up then tried (tried) to watch The Hoax with Richard Gere. But it was dull and annoying so I headed up to bed about 10.
Now, Trooper I've never stayed the night with before. He sleeps in a housie at night (to help him feel secure). I sleep in a different room then he usually sleeps in, and the housie had been moved to that room. It took me over an HOUR to lure him out of his regular room, down the hallway, into the room I was sleeping in, and then into his housie. I used treats, I told Claire her dogs were going to be fatter then she left them, because of course Shadow needed as many treats as Trooper.
Then Shadow had decided that I was taking to long to climb into bed (where he sleeps) so he was sprawled out as if he owned the joint. I had to pretend to be leaving the room so Shadow would jump up, and then I leapt back into the bed and sprawled myself out.

Sunday: Happy Easter!
I got up about 630 to make sure I had time to get ready and let the dogs play. So I fed them breakfast and let them romp in the yard for about 20 minutes. Then we went upstairs and I showered while they slept off breakfast. After getting ready I gathered up my towels that I washed while I was there and loaded up my car with most of my stuff. Let them potty again, and then put Tropper in his housie and headed to church.
I left at the same time I would from home, without thinking that I was about 20 minutes closer to church then usual. But I got there, had a donut about 830 and then did a few organizational things for the egg drop. I worked 4th-5th grades first service and that started about 915.
I had a really nice conversation with Jill Hartsock while checking the kids in.
First service FLEW by and then it was off and running for the egg drop! We dropped a few thousand eggs from a helicopter, to join other eggs already on the field. This was over 10,000 eggs filed with candy and some with prizes!
During 2nd service Lance, Justin, David and I (and a few others along the way) pre-laid about 8000 eggs on the fields, and I threw the 10 eggs with the prize slips in them in the lanes for the egg drop. We also set up the prize table, and I absconded Greg's van because it was to far to carry the prizes (and I didn't really want to anyway). In case you were wondering, you can get 10000+ eggs in a Mazda (just ask Lance), plus a few boxes of garbage bags and some signage for the lanes.
It was CRAZY to see all the kids there for the drop, it was such a great event and a great way for people to invite their friends, family, and other random strangers/coworkers to church!
I was again surprised by how exciting it was to see the helicopter flying over! Once it tipped on its side right on top of us and I (and many other adults) GASPED thinking that the one guy was going to fall out!
It took a while for the kids to go through their eggs for the prizes. At one point Ryan came up and asked if I had actually placed the prize eggs! It was hilarious to see the look on his face, I was tempted to say "oh maaaaan!" but I just couldn't do that!
In the course of about an hour 4Corners gave away:
A Nintendo wii, rock band, motorized razor scooter, 2 jumpolenes, a fly fusion pen, and a sand and water table.
It. was. amazing.
Then we had to clean up. Which didn't take a long time. I finally staggered out of church about 145. We also collected the sign up sheets for Kite Fest that's happening in 2 weeks, so that's on my to do list for this week.

I went back to Claire and Fred's, let the dogs out and got cleaned up for Easter. After coaxing Trooper back in his housie I was off to pick up Tony to head to Katie and Daryls for what turned out to be a super fanfreakintastically delicious dinner. I told Katie we were on our way, and that I hadn't eaten anything since that donut a few paragraphs ago. She she made almost 5 POUNDS of mashed potatoes!
Once the food was ready I inhaled almost 2 heaping platefuls of ham, mashed potatoes, string beans, stuffing, rolls...I think that's it...
I was so full after I thought I was going to explode!
But after a little rest and some brew I was ready to roll on the wii.
We all just hung out playing the wii and chatting the rest of the night. It was a lot of fun and did a lot to lift my spirits. I must say it was quite humorous to see Daryl and Tony playing the tank game. If you were just listening you would swear they were little kids playing with their toy soldiers.
Tony and I left about 9ish. I had to drop him off and get home, I was EXHAUSTED. I got home and tumbled into bed a little before 10 and was OUT by 10.
On an extended note I woke up at 3am this morning ready to go, which was very annoying.

So that was the last 72 hours of my life.
How was yours?

1 comment:

Mommyto3 said...

Matthew started preschool today. We waved at you on the webcam, and you saw us.

Hope it made you smile!!!

xoxo