11.28.2007

Those Moments

Do you which ones I'm talking about? Those moments that you realize are important life changing moments while they're happening. I love them. I love it when I realize in the midst of a conversation that something important is happening, that focus is being shifted from internal to external, immediate to eternal.
I'm currently having a conversation. It's a top secret conversation, but one that I so appreciate being allowed to be part of.
This conversation is one of those moments when I feel pulled towards someone in a way that will not leave me unchanged. In a good way, in a way that grows me, stretches me, improves the way I communicate with people and the way I express my affection for people I care deeply for.
I feel exhausted and electrifyingly (is TOO a word!) alert all at the same time. I could lay down and sleep, but my mind will race with things that I'm on the edge of my seat wanting to say. I want to say so much but feel completely inept in my ability to express myself.
It's like conversational over-stimulation, but in the way that wires you up instead of wearing you down if that makes sense.
Frankly, it doesn't matter if it makes sense to you because it makes sense to me. Even though the converstion is about serious, rough things. It makes my heart smile to be trusted and to be able to help in the slightese bit.

No comments: