11.21.2007

St Louis

Whenever I type St Louis I want to type St Lois. Which is weird. : )
So I have all week off work. Could I BE happier?
No.
Monday I got up and went downtown as usual, then came home about 8am. I thought, I'll take a little 30 minute nap, maybe and hour and then get in the shower. Yeah, so 3 hours later I woke up!
Then I showered and went to meet with Ryan from church about outreach stuff. It was a lot of fun. We talked about the Stretch the Benjamins: Christmas Edition and about how to help people identify why they serve, and why serving others is important to 4Corners and why God calls us to serve. It was exciting to be thinking about the things that are coming up in outreach and hear about the possibility of an international mission trip.....is it weird that I've already started packing in my head : )
Then after the meeting I came home and Alaina came over. She's feeding and watering Gertrude and Agnes while I'm in St Louis. She had a bunch of stuff to do so she didn't stay, then I took another hour nap.

I was reading this book called Escape by Carolyn Jessop. It's the story of the only woman to escape from the polygomous cult out ther in Arizona AND retain custody of her children. (Most women have to flee without any of her kids, or just a few of them. I just couldn't put it down.
Hmmm....what else. I want to give Pete a blog fix ; )
So I read that until 1230am and then passed out cold. I packed too.
Then I got up and went to the bank and left for St Louis about 10am. It wasn't a bad drive really, my fancy roadtrip playlist helped a lot!
I got the St Louis and visited with my Uncle Ross, Casey my cousin who was pining away for us to come has been ignoring me for his PS2 since yesterday, but heck, it's a PS2 who can blame him : )
Aunt Cathy came home from work with dinner, I visited with her for awhile, then we hit the sack about 10pm St Louis time (11 Ohio time).


I've had a series of phone calls from D, txts too, just checking in to be sure that I'm feeling better, that I'm feeling for stable and not so raw and upset about the situations from last week. It's been lovely. It makes me uncomfortable when people worry about me, but it's been nice feeling a little taken care of.
S read my blogs and called Friday wondering what was up, worrying about me too. It was nice.
Thanks again for all the encouragement and kindness it's helped a lot.
Now.....I must shower and get dressed for it is off to the grocery to buy fixings for dinner!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Seacrest OUT!

2 comments:

MCAC said...

YEAH A BLOG!!!! You just made me so happy, so complete! (now who's the stalker?) And you called me out! I love attention. ; )

Sounds like you're in a better place in your head, well at least your typing that way, are you faking it?
: )

Hope you have a great trip!!

ellenjane said...

A little bit of both to be honest.