10.29.2007

Haves and Have Nots

So since last week I have been computerless at home. I don't have the money to buy a new one, and probably won't for about 1-2 months. I have been FRANTIC trying to manipulate my budget, talk myself into applying for credit cards that will grow out of control because I have little credit card willpower, and the like just to get a computer at home. Really? I mean, it's a computer, it's just a computer. I still have one at work that I can use to chat with you fine folks and email. My sister lives 3 miles away so I can use hers if needed. So what is all this bitching in my head about?I went to the shelter today and served. It was about 37 degrees in Cincinnati today. All I could think about as I shook those cold hands is that even though I am computer less, I HAVE. I have a car with working heat and a full tank of gas. I have a job that pays me better then necessary for the work that I do, I have a home that has heat, a warm bed, food in the cupboards, and two maniacial kittens in it. I have a coat, blankets, sweatshirts, cash, parents that love me, friends that get in touch with me when I disappeer from the computer for long periods of time. I HAVE.So what is all this bitching about in my head?Slowly and surely the constant focus on what I have not is fading, and is being replaced by focus on what I have, have for myself, and have to give to others.God is so good.

1 comment:

MCAC said...

I'm so happy I can read your blogs again!!!

I just cried a little tear of happiness.

Now if only I could figure out a way to get you back into surveys!!!

Glad you posted this in myspace today, i was just thinking it was time to check up on you again. I began feeling like the stalker this time!

This comment is linked to my store blog, the other one may reveal it's self in time, but until then you'll just have to keep searching!! ; )