8.15.2011

Ten Things: Reno Edition

The upstairs renovation is chugging along. Here's a list, because I can:

  1. Taking off the base board was fun. I figured it out all on my own. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but it was for me.
  2. Gertrude and Agnes are freaking out. I'm convinced they suspect we're moving again and they're defensively moving from place to place trying to hold down furniture so we don't have to move. That or they're afraid we're going to move into a hotel for a week again like when my hardwood floors were re-done. Either way, they're pretty pissy
  3. Pete is a flippin Rockstar. He's done so much so well this entire renovation and I don't know how to tell him without it being annoying. 
  4. The living room has been emptied in preparation for the drywall guys tomorrow, which means the Wii is in my room. Wiiiiiii indeed!
  5. I really need to move my sofas and clean behind them waaaaaaay more often. There was enough cat hair back there to build 6 more cats
  6. When we moved the stove we found 13 cat toys under it. 
  7. When we moved the fridge we realized that there is a filter under it for the air system and it should be cleaned more often than once every almost 3 years. Yikes.
  8. Breaking baseboard with my bare hands feet made me feel powerful. I was reveling in this new found power and immediately picked up an older piece that I couldn't break. booo
  9. The pool was a smart purchase, it has been lovely through all this
  10. T-minus 1 1/2 weeks until the kitchen has cabinets, but almost a month until it will have counter tops, sink and dishwasher. Like Pete said, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it's not a train.

No comments: