6.17.2011

Five Minutes: Flirting

Ok, the rule is to type for five minutes and post whatever vomits out of my fingertips. May God be with you all.

Go.

I'm going to go ahead and tell you that I am rife with awkwardness when it comes to male/female relationships. I tell boys that turtles breath out of their butts, I race to open the door for myself and laugh super loud at inappropriate times.
But my major issue is this:

I can't tell when someone is just being nice and when they are flirting.
When I think someone is flirting people say, "They're just being nice"
When I think someone is just being nice people say, "Oh no, they're flirting with you!"

I just don't know.
But I'm also going to say that there is someone that is being nice to me and I girlishly think he's a little handsome, kind and fun to talk to. I just can't tell if he's being nice or flirting.
I also refuse to do anything about it because so far I'm still holding (mostly) steady in my no dating on purpose rule.
But then again, it's easy to not date when no one is asking you out.

I don't even know that I want anything to happen, I'm just saying...if dude could hold up a sign that says flirting or nice then it would make things a lot less awkward in my head.

For now, I think I'll just chill and enjoy the conversation.

Done

No comments: