10.22.2010

Sparrow

More than sparrows, he said
But who is a sparrow to me?
Could I identify one should it land on my sill?
Don't be afraid he says

But I'm afraid
I'm afraid of the sparrow I won't, can't, recognize

I'm afraid of the belligerent doubt welling up inside bursting at the seams yearning to let out its banshee yell
I'm afraid of falling to the ground

Unnoticed
Uncared for
Unseen
More than a sparrow he whispers again
Urgently wishing for me to understand how he longs for me
More than a sparrow I whisper back, afraid to believe, afraid to hope, afraid to trust
Yet I whisper again....more than a sparrow

Again I return
Again I leap
Believing I will fly like the sparrow I am more than

29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:29-31

No comments: