8.27.2010

11

I didn't mean to say it out loud. But I did.
Climbing to the top of an icy and very slippery slope I made a joke so benign and funny. I'm trying not to jump head first down this slope. I'm trying not to say I'll just hang on and enjoy the ride. Because I know the spikes at the bottom are waiting to eviscerate me once again.
I've learned over and over that the thrill of the ride is never worth the spikes that cut through me.

It's out of my hands now. All I can do is ask. But my heart has already leapt and is simply waiting for the rest of me to follow.
I know better. I see the end. I'm hanging on to the edge of the cliff and bringing reinforcements to keep me on track.

We'll see how it ends. I could simply be borrowing trouble and it's all a non-issue. But only time will tell I suppose.

No comments: