7.09.2010

Procrastination

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
If I was anyone else I would totally say that is an accurate assessment of my life style.

Cut the grass? It's hard work maybe I should nap first.
Sweep the floors? Sure, but first I should probably clear off my DVr in case it gets full next week while I'm out of the house.

On and on I go. I would tell you more about it but, first I have to go relax a little.
I hate this about myself. I have such grandiose intentions and then I get overwhelmed and just don't do anything and the cycle continues.
I vacillate between thinking it's procrastination and that it's just laziness. But procrastination is sexier (ok, I might have made that up) so I'll say I'm procrastinating instead of lazy.

For example, right now I'm procrastinating from doing work by talking about how I procrastinate. Ok, it's actually lunch time, but I'm procrastinating on walking to the kitchen to get my food at least.

2 comments:

Katy said...

My dad says why do today what you can put off till tomorrow and maybe die in the mean time and not have to do at all.

Etepay said...

I'll keep you motivated if you keep me motivated.

Together we can either get a lot accomplished........or watch some great t.v.

lol.