7.16.2010

Pride & Prejudice

All the information I knew about Pride & Prejudice before I read it was a result of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in You've Got Mail.

From Wiki:
The story follows the main character Elizabeth Bennet as she
deals with issues of manners, upbringing, moral rightness, education and
marriage in her aristocratic society of early 19th century England. Elizabeth is
the second eldest of five daughters of a country gentleman landed in the
fictional town of Meryton in Hertfordshire, not far
from London.

I didn't like it as much as I liked Sense & Sensibility, I think Elizabeth was a little annoying. But then again, she reminded me a little of my super contrary days so I might have not liked her because it reminded me of how I used to be...
It definitely held my attention. I don't know that I would read this one over and over like I might Sense & Sensibility, but it was a lovely read all the same. But...I kept imagining Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy and that made it alllll worth it.

2 comments:

Etepay said...

I read this book in high school but for the life of me can't remember much about it. I know the names and can remember I enjoyed it but much like you knew I wouldn't read it again.

My memory is awful. lol.

ellenjane said...

Yeah, Pete I had NEVER read it before not even in high school :)