6.12.2009

If I don't try

The thing about owning my house is that I try more. For the first time I am solely responsible for doing things and making decisions on what to do. My parents certainly help and so does my sister and brother in law. But it's mine.
I'm building a shed with Nicole tomorrow. I'm really excited to do it, but I'm going to do it. I'm not going to sit in the grass while dad and Jeff do it. I'm going to do it. I'm going to try instead of watching.
Because if I don't even try, it just won't get done. It's a weird feeling, this idea that I can do something.

I've been visiting this blog about a do it yourself couple in Virgina. I also bought a DIY magazine one my 2 hour shopping excursion to Home Depot Memorial Day weekend. I keep thinking, "I can TOTALLY do that!" Often, I really can't. But I think I'm going to start trying.
Somethings I'll need help on, but other things....other things I'm just going to try. If I screw it up it will be ok and I'll have a hilarious story to tell about how I messed it up. If I don't, then I'll have something awesome that I accomplished and a hilarious story to tell about how I did it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stories are almost always hilarious, whether you accomplish a goal or not. Getting there really is more fun than being there.

Miss you!

Etepay said...

"I'm going to try instead of watching.
Because if I don't even try, it just won't get done. It's a weird feeling, this idea that I can do something."

I've been watching you since I met you and you are doing so much of this these days, even beyond your home, but in your walk with Christ as well. I love watching people as they go through this with homes, and it's inspiring to watch someone do it in their relationship with God.