4.19.2009

Trying

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
I read this on Scott Will's blog today. I love his blog, so often what he is writing is somehow exactly what I needed at the moment.

I am not gentle with myself, and I know that at least one of you feels exactly the same way. I am increasingly less gentle with myself, and with the summary of my worth when I am tired or sick. I know these things about myself. But that doesn't matter in the middle of a torrential assault of verbal disparaging.
So I am trying, to let go of the dark imaginings. I am trying, to hold on to the imaginings of light; to the clear evidence of light.

I'm trying.
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

No comments: