4.27.2009

All I can Say

All I can say is that I'm sorry.
That I still think about it, that I still see it in my head.
If it was my choice, it would all be erased.
As if I never saw, heard, experienced these things that are scarred on the back of my lids.
But I'm hoping, praying and pleading that I will turn my eyes from these things and turn them to you.
These things that knock me down, leave me gasping for breath.
You who saved me and saves me still.
You who I am hiding from, refusing to speak or listen to.
As if there is anything that is hidden from you at all.
All I can say is that I'm sorry.
Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark
Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while

And didn't You see me cry'n?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where you sat it down

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give

Bridge:
I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were cry'n too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet
-David Crowder

No comments: