1.05.2009

Repenting

Ben said on Sunday that repenting is heading in one direction and then turning to head in another.
For the last month or so I've been driving past a very confused flock of birds at the 75/Norwood lateral interchange. They fly up off of the wires and fly one direction, then sweep around and fly the other and back and forth for minutes at a time. Once I was stuck in traffic and they did it for over 10 minutes. It is at once beautiful and disturbing.

I sometimes repent like those birds fly. Turning back to my sinful ways, thoughts and behaviour, turning away and turning back.
It makes me thankful that God's grace is deep, wide, and endless, so much more so then we are to others and ourselves.

1 comment:

Etepay said...

You just made me feel so less alone today.

I've been thinking about this since you posted it and it is just so true for everyone.