11.16.2008

My new purse, and yes you can make fun of me

I worked at the bookstore last night, and about 8:50 I started helping this woman find a study bible. As I was checking her out around 9 she plunked her purse down on the counter and my world was stilled. It.Was.Beautiful.
Now, I love purses. I'm not really talking about designer purses, I just like cute purses. Large, small, as long as they're cute I really like them. Another sign that I'm slowly but surely turning into my mother. Since I've bought the house I've put myself on a purse ban, and it's difficult, more difficult than I thought it would be.

Her purse was brown, it was large had a zipper in the center with compartments on the side. It was awesome and I told her so. She said she got it at Target, just a few days before. The purse was $24.99. I was immediately a flutter, I was shaken to the core, I wanted that purse. But blast! I had placed a ban on all purses!
Then, I remembered. I had just gotten a gift certificate to Target in the mail from the lovely LaCourses as a housewarming gift. (my first gift from Ryder!) Now, Lisa had written something about a hammer, or a wrench...but I didn't really understand what those words meant I've never heard of them before. (kidding, kidding) Of course, I could always use the gift certificate for toiletries, or some food, or clothing, or some tool like device. But what I ended up using it for was THE PURSE. I had to pay the taxes ($1.61). Let me tell you, it is the best damn house warming present I've yet to receive!
I worked until 930, came home, and jumped on target.com. As I was looking through the purses to find it I noticed, that they came in different colors. The brown my customer bought, black, and RED. RED! RED! The decision was made, the purse was to be mine and it was going to be RED!

Target opens at 8am. Did you know that? I had to be at church at 845 for Washington Project, so I had just enough time to grab the gift card and head to Target. I arrived at 805.


At approximately 807 I saw it, THE purse.



Hooray! I literally switched my purses while driving the rest of the way to church this morning. It's so lovely and so beautiful, and SO roomy!
Here I am with my lovely new purse!


I love purses. I've never been this excited about a purse before, but I am, I am just so excited about this purse!

5 comments:

Katy said...

Excuse me. Who's idea was it to look it up on line (cause she realy wanted to see it) and who's idea was it to see if it came in red? *raises hand* ;) I'm going to be a copy cat and go tomorrow and get mine, because I want to be just like you. Remember, imitation is a form of flatery.

ellenjane said...

yes yes, it was you :)
Thanks for the awesomeness that is you!

LaCourse said...

You are so funny... I would have done the exact same thing, it is a pretty awesome purse.. I might just go to Target and check it out myself.. :)
Now.. if a pipe breaks in your house.. at least try to fix it with your purse or if you need to hang a picture hammer the nail in with the purse so I feel better about the gift.. (hehehe)

Etepay said...

I love it!!! (The story, I'm pretty indifferent to the purse lol)

Don't worry about tools, that's what repairmen have! Besides, would you really know how fix said pipe if you had the wrench?

But with that purse, you can sure work it.

You deserve it. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it! Now that you're rockin' the purse, you can use it to help seduce the handyman!!!

Or follow the traditions set forth by the women in my family... fill the purse with so much crap that it becomes even more effective than a hammer!!!