11.12.2008

I think you would be surprised at how unremarkable many remarkable moments are.

I read that on a blog today. Sometimes I don't know how I stumble on these things, but I'm glad that I do. I know nothing about medicine, but I love how this woman relates her stories.
But this line just jumped out at me:
I think you would be surprised at how unremarkable many remarkable moments are.
It's so true. It actually reminded me a lot about what Greg spoke about on Sunday. How little we actually express our thanks for each other, and especially to God about what they, He, does in our lives.
There are so many extraordinary things happening every day in my life, that I don't even realize in the moment. In the busy I forget to stop and breath in the lovely.

A friends encouragement
Laughing and sharing over clearance sugar cookies and skip-bo
Taking the trash to the curb at my house (MY house!)
Mending fences with someone where there was previously only burnt embers
A break at work
Having a job
Inside jokes
Celebrating a friend getting older and being around for another year
Kind words uttered unprompted and unexpectedly

What are some of your unremarkable remarkable moments?

1 comment:

Etepay said...

One of mine today was it has rained for hours, and sometimes down poured...and for the first time in 25 years, the roof did not leak.

o.k. maybe that one was remarkable.

I think I've confused myself.

I like the new background!