11.03.2008

Habitude

They started a new sermon series at church called Habitudes. You should listen to it, it's very good.
We were given white bracelets (a la Live Strong) and asked to participate in an exercise to develop a habit of gratitude. Place the bracelet on one wrist. Every time you find yourself complaining, criticizing, or gossiping you should switch bracelets. To help illuminate the number of times you do those things in your day.
I'm less then 48 hours in and I've changed it 4 or 5 times (the first time I went 22 hours! so what if I was sleeping for 8 and alone for another 8 of them.....)

I think it will be interesting, and so far I'm developing a ridiculously annoying chipper attitude. Also, just ask Pete. I'm apparently also trying to diffuse those things by saying super nice things about things being complained about....sigh. I really do apologize it was sort of annoying me today!
So just in case you and I have an extended conversation in the next 30 days....please be forewarned.

2 comments:

Etepay said...

I liked it, it wasn't annoying. Sometimes it takes something like that to point out to the other person the idea you yourself are trying to get across.

It wasn't annoying to me. :)

Anonymous said...

Change it?!?!?!
Whatever happened to "snapping" it?
No pain, no gain!!!!!

On the less sadistic side, I think it's actually a kind of cool idea.