10.04.2008

So.Much.Money

I just spent a butt load of money on a new washer and dryer and warranty. I'm not usually one to go for the extended warranty, or even the longer of the two warranties. But this is a front loading washer and they seem to be either really great or really troublesome. $200 is a small price to pay for peace of mind that if something goes wrong I won't have to just buy a new washer because it's cheaper then the repairs!
I was fairly certain my check card would EXPLODE when he swiped it. But be assured, all went ok.

My left eye has been leaking for about 24 hours. It's annoying, but it's funny to pretend to cry about stupid stuff in front of strangers :)

Oh! And did I mention the deal I got on lamps at Furniture Fair last night? They were having a pre-public clearance sale and I found two awesome table lamps for $40 each. How much were they originally you ask? That would $110!!!!! Booyah!

I've been left gasping at the amount of money I've spent in the last 24 hours. I think I'm done for today. Tonight Sharen, Shelby, Matthew and I are going to the drive in to watch Kung Fu Panda and Prince Caspien. So much fun for $6, plus you can bring your own food and I bought Honey Crisp Apples at Costco today!

Now I'm taking a nap, because I'll be up obnoxiously late tonight and I'm in childrens tomorrow for the kick off of 4 Corners Focus Series! If you're in the area it will be awesome to be a part of, plus they're having a mobile cone for free ice cream after each service!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love new appliances, but they are so frickin' expensive!!! Sometimes the ext. warranty is a good idea though.
So you're becoming a home-owner and a savvy consumer all at once?
Kudos for that!

I didn't realize Prince Caspian was already out...can you tell we don't do commercials?