10.02.2008

Blossom

For your viewing pleasure. I'm not feeling really chatty lately. Except about my house apparently. It's been a rough week at work, lots of stuff coming up that there is to do and I just want to be in my house already. The closings tomorrow at noon, then keys by noon on the 10th at the latest. I think I'm hitting post and then hitting the hay. So here are some quotes by Anais Nin (I would like to add that until I read this wiki entry I had no idea she was well known for writing erotica...whoa)
The first quote is my favorite.
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.


Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic. (I had a boyfriend like that once...)

Each contact with a human being is so rare, so precious, one should preserve it.

How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.


I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.

Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity and stumble from defeat to defeat.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishing.

The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.

Truth is something which can't be told in a few words. Those who simplify the universe only reduce the expansion of its meaning.

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.

What I cannot love, I overlook. Is that real friendship?

No comments: