10.19.2008

House Update: Rainbows and Unicorns just for Jake

Here I am with the sold sign the day I got the keys. (Pssst....that's the house in the background) Doesn't it look all nice and shady? This is about 5pm.


This is the view of the house from the street (that's me on the porch). You'll also notice the attached garage, that I get to park my car in! On a side note, my office is moving in a month or two and our building has an attached enclosed garage that I get to park in. So unless I choose to, I'll soon be able to go days without parking my car outside or even stepping foot outside when it's not under a roof! That will come in handy if there's a lot of snow!
You can see the dilapidated fence to the left, that's getting replaced with a white vinyl privacy fence this spring (on top of the other million and one things I want/need to do to the house...now I just need the money to do it)



This is the color of the 2nd bedroom before I started on it. It's turquoise, and before that it was bright purple. I think that this proves the painters have a history of bad color choices.

This is the 2nd bedroom now. You can't really tell the color that well, but it's a light celery green color. I also decided the trim and insides of the windows didn't need to be the same color as the rest of the room, and painted those white. I would also like to say, that I moved all of this furniture ALONE! Thanks to some super duper sliders I got from Pete as a house warming present (thanks by the way) I was able to move the headboard and dresser all by myself from the third bedroom into the 1st bedroom and then back to the 2nd (because of the way the hall is set up). I also attached the mirror to the back of the dresser all by myself too. I felt very accomplished because of that alone!
I also tried to replace the doorknob, but the little latch thingy won't come out and the handles I bought won't work with the old latch. I'll actually have to ask for help on that one...

The hallway has 2 coats of paint on it (thankyouverymuchkatiehauck) and all it needs is some edging and trim work and it will be all done. The white is so crisp and clean, much better then the drywall white they willingly painted the walls before (bad color choices remember).
I also oiled the kitchen table today to clean it up. I was really surprised how much nicer it looked after a good rub down.
Here are some more pictures of the house:

This is the living room and my new sofa and love seat! You can't really see the lamp base, but that is the infamous $110 lamp I got for $40!

Hello lover.....I would like to introduce you to my washer and dryer. They are oh so delicious and I can do laundry, IN MY HOUSE. Although I learned today that I can't dry a down mattress topper, the dryer REJECTED it, the dryer is SO SMART! I'm concerned it's going to come to life and take over the entire basement...well, now that I think about it. If it did that I could dry MORE...so I guess I'm ok with that. Ahhhhh....lover


Lastly, the kitties are getting along with each other finally, but Agnes is still a little pissy towards people. I sometimes get the feeling she's impatiently waiting to be taken back to her "real" home. I vacuumed today, both kitties are afraid of the sweeper, but Agnes decided to bunker down in her fortress of solitude, also known as making a nest between my pillows. I walked into my room and only saw her nose sticking out. But by the time I got the phone to take a picture she had noticed the deafening silence of no sweeper being on and started to crawl out.

So it's going good so far. I'm trying to do a little (or a lot) every day so that I can be settled in sooner then later (also so I can find the darn remote for the other TV) I also have been enjoying the larger kitchen, I realized yesterday that I hadn't eaten out at all this week (except for bosses day on Thursday when we all ordered pizza for Judy). Who knew I would enjoy cooking again?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*stands up and claps loudly*

I'm so happy for you!!! I'm also very proud of all the work that you've accomplished in such a short period of time! Moving is very draining, but you're just going to town!

I'm also thankful for a little pick-me-up before work tonight!

Great job!

pytlpn= the rarely used object that old owners leave in their basements when they move. Lost remotes are frequently found in these.

Etepay said...

I can't believe how different the place looks in just a week!!!!

That second bedroom looks so AWESOME!!! I nearly screamed when I saw the picture!

You do good work. :) And I told you that you would just love those movers!! :)

I'm not sure what remote you are speaking of, you had one in your hands at the new house, and the other one went into one of the boxes that we packed that morning, try the filing stuff box? It's there somewhere!!

You're doing great!!!