9.02.2008

Who wants milky minutes anyway?

Ahh, long weekends that include drooling over Adam Lavine are fabulous. Saturday night I came home to Deano waiting for me, which was fun...usually I just blather on to the cats as they stare blankly at me, how fun to have an actual person at home!
After we settled into our (SEPARATE) beds for the night at about 130 I was tuckered out. Sunday we went to 2nd service and chatted with some people. Deano seemed to have a good time, as always the talk sparked a great conversation at lunch after church. I love that people at my church are so friendly and welcoming...and I love best of all that it's not an act, it's a genuine love of people.
Lunch was at Panera, outside which I loved. We talked about the sermon, but also daydreamed about a time that will hopefully come soon. We also plotted out my new house and daydreamed about what it's going to be like when I'm actually in there (6 weeks!) Naturally after lunch we drove by the new house and oohed and ahhed over it. On the way back to my house we drove past an open house and decided on a whim to look around. Oh, how hilarious.
First of all, the realtor ONLY spoke to Deano. Because apparently women are to daff to understand things like: stamped concrete, central air, and new carpeting. Deano and I have decided that we're doing that more often, but we will have code names and explain the reason we're looking for a house is because of our growing family (or that we need a CIA safe house, but that could just be the 4 hours of Alias I watched today talking)

Finally, we went back to my house and started the arduous task of organizing, cleaning and packing up my apartment. In 3 hours we managed to collect, organize/discard when appropriate, and file all of my paperwork. I also cleaned out and organized my desk drawers. Yes, that's it in 3hours. That's how pathetic my personal organization skills have become. I have such hope for the new house, something about a clean slate and all that jazz.
Sunday night it was out to le jardin Olive for dinner with Tony and his g/f Sarah...yummy and I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! Afterwards we went to putt-putt, where I subsequently got my ass kicked by all three of them, but it was fun and it was lovely to see Deano so relaxed and having a good time, especially after the last few weeks he's had.
On the way home from putt-putt Deano and I stopped for ice cream, then when we were heading back to my place on John Gray I passed a catholic festival complete with carnival rides, beer and gambling tents and FUNNEL CAKES!
So on a whim we stopped to people watch and of course, eat a funnel cake. I saw a grandma-type person complete with a cane (one with the four legs at the bottom) holding tightly in her fist a chill miller lite wearing a shirt that said "Real women drink beer". I wanted to take her picture, but I was afraid she would hit me with her cane, which Deano said was probably filled with beer.

Monday we slept, well Deano slept in until 11 and I was up around 9, in a little and then got to work packing up some stuff. Deano packed up all my books, I packed some knick knacks and further picked up and organized the little piles that have grown into one giant pile. Around 2 we headed to Sharen's for the yummiest cook in that I've had in awhile. Italian marinated chicken, corn on the cob, strawberries, homemade banana bread, pasta salad...mmmmmm. Then Deano helped me schlep all my laundry back to my house and carry it in (6 weeks and counting until I can do laundry in my own laundry room!) We spend the next few hours putting away my laundry and excavating my bedroom floor from the pile of clothes, sheets, towels, and general crap that was on it. Deano had to head home, so I plugged in some final season of Alias and packed up my massive amount of purses and random bags. They filled one large box. (I'm seriously becoming my mom)

But the good news is....while packing the purses I found a TWENTY that I had left in the purse from my trip to Portland almost exactly 1 year ago today. Gah!

Great weekend, lots of laughter and good friends. Now I can't sleep. It's 1 am and I'm wide awake. Thank goodness Conan has great guests tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How on earth could you allow anyone to help you organize your paperwork?!?! I'd be an absolute basket-case!!!!

Hooray for funnel cakes!!!!



shgnfqa= slang for "shaggin' f*@ka"