6.27.2008

Dear new car owner

Yes I'm talking to you in the brand new bright yellow hummer that you bought on Tuesday June 24th. I drove behind you for a few miles today and I wondered something.

How can you, in 2008, with all the information we have been given about carbon footprints and environmental responsibility justify the purchase of a hummer to drive in urban Cincinnati. Is it just me, or is there not a lot of mountainous or desert terrain to conquer..so why?
Is it because you want to let people know that your penis is super duper large? Because I'm pretty sure that might not be true....
Not to mention, with gas flip flopping across the $4 per gallon mark it would probably be cheaper and a better management of your resources for you to create some sort of sandwich board that announces your girth. Also, you can buy a pack of tube socks for like $2 maybe (it's been awhile since I've bought tube socks, so that may have gone up)

So dear new yellow hummer owner, I just want to know....WHY?

Sincerely,
A concerned earth dweller

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear concerned earth dweller,

It wasn't me you followed, as I don't own a hummer. I do own a large yellow SUV though, so allow me to offer some insight.

I had an "eco-friendly" car. It got fantastic mileage. It also got through the snow like a Matchbox Car pushed by a drunk 4 year old.

I needed four wheel drive for peace of mind. The gas is part of the price I pay for that piece of mind, but it is worth is to me.

ellenjane said...

Right but it's not a Hummer. That seems a little extravagant. If this mans issue was getting through the snow a much smaller and more economical and environmentally friendly solution would be a SUV instead of a tank.

Anonymous said...

I am having trouble choosing my new vanity plate....

GSGZLR
DRLNAK
GO4IRN
NOBAMA

Regards,
Yellow Hummer Driver

Katy said...

I also wonder why someone would drive a large red truck and then try to fit into a compact space so that the person in the actual compact car... say, a silver Nissan Sentra... has to crawl through the passenger side of the car to get into the drivers seat. So, in essence, he's polluting the air AND pissing off the person who is trying to do something good for the environment... even if it is accidental good.