5.11.2008

You can't smoke that it's a buckeye tree!

Ok, so if you know anything at all about me you know that I really don't care of pot humor...or pot (and/or any other type of recreational (what the eff does THAT even MEAN?)drug) in general. But oh man this is funny.

So I'm at mom and dad's this weekend and Nicole comes up to hang out. We end up playing baseball in the back yard (and by baseball I mean a whiffle ball bat and kick ball). During the game she "forgets" who Lauren is, and that he's getting married this summer (he's her brother btw). Then we go inside and we're sitting in the small living room chatting with dad and Jeff. So Nicole starts telling this story about how she thought pot was growing in her backyard. She just couldn't figure out if it was pot or not. She asked someone at school (she's in the pharmacy program at Findley) and described the plant...yeah....it was a buckeye tree *insert insane laughter here*

For the purposes of my re-telling of the story I have decided that she tried to smoke it and couldn't figure out why she didn't "feel anything" and that she wore an outfit made of what she thought was hemp...but was really the much lesser fabric that can be made out of buckeye trees.
Oh it was HILARIOUS.

Mom and Dad noticed the hole in my nose. Dad and I were engaged in a battle of the wills as to who would crack and bring it up first...he did about 30 minutes before we left to go home.

Hmmm.....there is a lot else rolling around in this head of mine. But I think it's best that I let it roll around in there for a little longer.

3 comments:

Mommyto3 said...

Dude! We should totally get some buckeye trees and plant them in the backyeard. It would help Nicole feel more at home, when she comes down for your birthday.

Anonymous said...

It's funny except they're poisonous!!!

Though forgetting your brother might make people think you really have been trying to smoke somethin'!

MCAC said...

Smoking buckeye trees will turn you scarlet and gray, it's a fact.

They are really only poisonous to the Michigan fans, I'm not sure if that's a fact, but I say so. :)