4.08.2008

Now I want to move to Uganda (again)

This is Maate. I saw his picture on this blog: http://paradoxuganda.blogspot.com/
He's 15 years old.

Seeing these pictures and reading about these doctors in Bundigbugyo Uganda makes me want to move to Uganda.
I have this pull, whether it's reading this (or other foreign missionary) blog(s) to run to wherever it is and just become absorbed doing anything and everything I can do to help. I felt that way with Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne and Under the Overpass by Mike Yankowski, so it's not just to foreign countries. It's to anywhere there is such extreme need.

Some days, it's just to much to bear, the malnutrition, death, TB, Ebola, malaria, poverty, homelessness and more and more. It's all so overwhelming, but I can't look away. I want to do so much, but feel paralyzed to do anything.
I try to keep reminding myself that all will come in time, I try to keep my eyes focused on the end goal and not the immediate. I know without a doubt that what we're building at 4 Corners can be something great. I know that God is moving in that and it will all come in time.
But some days....some days the ache in my heart is just to much to bear.
This call to move, to act, to help, it's overwhelming.

Sometimes I feel like it's just cotton candy, kites, and the sort. But I know that stuff is important too. I know it's necessary.
But my heart, my heart screams for total immersion into a culture that I don't understand or have any frame of reference for. My heart is crying out for the chance to hold these people that I've never met and just live in community with them, love them.

No comments: