3.10.2008

What an unproductively lovely weekend

My weekend should have been jampacked.
Bible study and parents coming into town Friday
Meeting and wedding dress shopping, hanging out with parents Saturday
Church, egg filling, lunch with parents and cleaning Sunday

Then it started snowing.
They closed our office at 2pm Friday and I headed home. After dropping off a coworker I stopped at Kroger for hamburger buns and some chocolate and proceeded to bunker down in the reclyner with a blanket for TWELVE hours straight of LOST.
Wow.
I'm totally hooked on this show now....which makes John so happy....(shakes fist)
I finally staggered to bed about 2 am, then woke up to Level 3 snow emergencies and cancelled meetings.
So I showered and headed back to the reclyner for another twelve hours of LOST.
I didn't leave the house once. I talked to my cats much more then necessary.
Other then cleaning the litter box I didn't do anything but watch LOST and go to the bathroom all day.
It. Was. Glorious.

I'm so torn sometimes about downtime. I feel like there is so much I can be doing that is productive and helpful (although not in regards to the cleanliness and order of MY house). So it is very rare that I will spend a whole day in my house, rarer still that I will spend most of that day not talking on the phone or sleeping.
I feel selfish sometimes when I'm spending time alone, or time doing only the laziest things.
But the unexpected snow and paralysis of the city (note: huge overstatement) forced the issue and I did nothing. I didn't feel a lick of guilt about it either.

Sunday I got up and went to church. My car was buried, so I scraped and pushed the snow off of it. I noticed that the snow plow had (helpfully) created a drift behind my car. So I used my feet and kicked it down so that my car could get over it.
While I was doing all this kicking and moving of the snow drift, there was a man leaning on a snow blower smoking a cigarette staring at me.
Lovely.
Could I be more ready to move out of these luxury apartments?

Church was great (as usual). After about 25ish people took 30 minutes out of their day and stuffed about 1500 eggs for our Easter Helicopter Candy Drop. There are only 8500 eggs to go!
I had lunch at Red Robin (YUM!) with Joan and it was fun. Good company and conversation.
Plus, there may or may not be a waiter there that I think is good looking. I can neither confirm or deny.

Then. Back to my house where I watched the last 8 hours of season 2 of LOST. I've just ordered the first 3 discs of Season 3. Man oh Man.
It was such a good weekend.


Oh, I made an appointment to spay and de-claw Gertrude Friday. But keep it quiet because she has NO idea.

2 comments:

Mommyto3 said...

Turning head, batting the eyes.

meow?

ROFLMTO

(that stands for Tail)

ha!!!!

Etepay said...

If you don't stop proving to me that you're inside of my head, I'm going to start charging you rent, or at least request you clean up there once in awhile. ; )