2.26.2008

Just remember that I love you

I have a friend named Claire. She is so amazing, funny, kind, thought provoking, and any number of adjectives that I can't think of right now.
I met Claire the first time I ever went to the church I now call home. She was leading a small group, and I was looking to join one.
It was really as simple as she was the person with cookies on her table so that's where I went.
I grew so much in that small group, it's where I met Bobbie and Justin, the whole group helped me through the whole thing with mom's sister and the emotional upheaval that came with that.
But Claire, she's so amazing. I mean, we can have the funniest conversations, and then seamlessly slip into the most amazing God filled conversation as if that was our intent all along.

I called Claire today because I was having a (mild) freak out about outreach stuff and I was trying to calm down. We talked about being silent. How when I feel like I'm battling these voices in my head, these forces of darkness that sometimes try to rip me away from this outreach thing, or just the overwhelming big picture I should just be quiet. Not watch tv, listen to music, just be still and focus on the silence...or finding the silence. We talked about praying, and the ACTS guideline of prayer...which I think is:
Adoration
Confession
Thanksgiving
Supplication
She also just encouraged me so much in serving, in outreach, and in stepping (waaaaaay) out of my comfort zone with this outreach leadership thing. She said she was proud of me (yeah I totally almost started crying).

I love Claire. If you know her, you probably know what I mean. She's pretty awesome and I wouldn't mind being like her when I grow up.

No comments: