1.22.2008

Notice: I'm a kick butt ninja. Do not cross me.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

Ahhh...let's see.
So Friday Deano rolled into town. I went home and crazy cleaned (as in did it with no 30 minute breaks in between). He arrived about 1130 and we had to stand outside at my car to blow up the air mattress he was sleeping in.
It. Was. Cold.
But our plan was to tell any curious passersby that we were going to be camping in the cluster of 3 trees right outside the apartment buildings.
I'm sad no one passed by.
We stayed up until about 130ish chatting and reading post secret books....oh how I wish Deano lived closer!
Saturday morning I had a meeting at church. Which I love...have I mentioned that before on here?
cough http://www.4cornerschurch.com/ cough

We're going to be reading another book as a group, I'm excited to see what it is.
Meeting ended about 10ish, I checked with Greg about a possible mission trip to Ghana which seems like it will be a go in the fall.......SO STOKED!
I told Ryan I was in for leading the outreach ministry (voluntary, he'll be my staff uplink) so I drove home all geeked out about what's to come.

Tony, Deano and I went to the creation museum in Kentucky. It was interesting, they did an amazing job building models and a life size portion of the arc. The "reenactments" of the flood were a little cheesy, but it was totally worth it to hear people around us gasping and clutching people around them. But it's $20 to get in. It was nice, but not $20 nice.
It took us around 3 hours to work out way in, through and out of the museum. We had a late lunch at Applebees....mmmmm mozzarella sticks.

We headed back to my place. Tony headed into my room and took a 3 or 4 hour nap while Deano and I watched "Anchorman". He'd never seen it....holy crap still hilarious and I've seen it maybe 12 times.
When in Rome!
You look like a blueberry!
I'm going to punch you in your ovary!
There are literally thousands of men I should be with instead of you. But I'm 72% sure that I'm in love with you.

Good times.
Deano and I also watched some Nooma videos by Rob Bell and had some interesting conversations about them.
We decided to stay in and have some brew, since it was EIGHT degrees out. But alas, the brew I had was a smidge skunky so Deano and I ran to UDF and got some more. Then decided that wasn't enough after we came back and drank a few with Tony (who finally woke up). So the three of us went to Meijer and bought more and the game Balderdash.
Good times. Many antics ensued.
To bed about 2am. I didn't sleep worth a darn. I was up until about 4, then awoken by Agnes running sprints up and down my side. Then Gertrude knocked a glass and a beer bottle off the counter and shattered them about 530ish. So I woke up and cleaned that up. The silly kitties kept trying to pick up the glass in their mouth and run away with them. So I locked them in the bathroom. Then I left them there when I went back to bed. about 630 Agnes woke me up with her yowling. Then I was up again at 7 with calf cramps, then again at 730 due to the noisiness of having 2 other people sleeping in my teeny apartment. Finally about 830 I threw in the towel and got up and ready for church.
Deano and Tony both came with me and I was so excited. They both come from, and favor more traditional church. But Deano said he really liked it.
The message was great, as usual, and Deano said he liked the conversational style of Ben's sermons the most....not only talking about others but talking about his own life sort of thing....oh, you want another link to the sermon? Ok
http://www.4cornerschurch.com/message_pop.php?id=170&type=audio

We headed out to lunch at IHOP afterwards. There was some great conversation on the way about the church and Ben's message and a little at lunch too.
Deano and I have had some more great conversations about it since. I love that I go to a church that gives sermons that are such tangible starting points for conversations I'm longing to have with people....but am unsure how to start.
Tony headed home to do laundry and watch the games...I hear they were football games...but what do I know about it?
Deano ended up bra shopping with my sister and I...which was awesome. He kept commenting on how alike she and I...and he are.
It was nice having someone help carry in the groceries!
He headed home and I tried to nap....but it was IMPOSSIBLE. So I watched Kingdom of Heaven..which was only ok.

Then Monday. The day that my true ninja skills arrived. I had an appointment with Sara the apartment manager at 9am. Well......920 she still wasn't there. So I left a message that basically said I needed to go to work so could she call and set another appointment she would be able to make. Then she showed up. What a waste of a perfectly good nasty gram!
The way it ended is this:
They are going to remove the counter top edge....it's only about maybe 4-5" and paint it to solve the staple problem.
They are going to fix the balcony in the spring when it's warmer.
Today...they are CLEANING MY LIVING ROOM CARPET! FOR FREE! WOOT!

Not much else. I have some more serious thoughts rolling around in my head...but those are for another post.

2 comments:

MCAC said...

Just remembering the weekend again brings more smiles to my face. : )

I too had a GREAT time!!!!


Ah sweet memories.....

When in rome....

Deano

Anonymous said...

Yay for the carpet! Scott is equally excited, he thought the carpet situation was just insane!