12.22.2007

P.S I Love You

Total chick flick. Total cheese. But I lapped up every second of it. Nicole and I went to see P.S. I Love You tonight and I got totally lost and absorbed in the movie. I even went and bought the soundtrack after dinner, the soundtrack is very good in it's own right!
The premise of the movie....which is presented in the previews so no spoilers here....
Holly is married to Jerry, who dies. He set up a system in order to send her mail and "projects" to help her grieve through his loss.
Harry Conick Jr (spelling?) was in it and he was hilarious! He had like verbal torrents when it came to talking to Holly (and he said women in general) which I could identify with (except with men of course).
But there was a moment in the movie when Daniel (HCjr) said that he wished he could be someones Jerry. He wished that someone would love him enough that their life was permanently changed for having loved him.....
I mean, don't we all want that? There are so many people that I have in my life that I have been changed by loving, that the sheer act of loving them is a privilege. How blessed am I that I have so many people to love and cherish so deeply?
I realize that he was talking romantically, because it wouldn't be a good romantic comedy otherwise right?
I want that, I want this all encompassing, inconvenient, passionate love. I moan and groan about my committed friends not wanting to hang out with me sometimes because it would be to much time spend apart from their sig. other....but sometimes instead of annoying me it sort of makes me jealous.
Don't get me wrong, I find the mountainous task of commitment overwhelming and terrifying, but the idea of being so content to spend the days just being with someone, mundane ordinary things, it's nice sometimes you know.
So all in all it was a great movie. Covering the span of love, loss, grief, family, friendships. There was a great scene between Holly and Denise (Lisa Kudrow) about the ways friends can call you on your shit and you love them more because of it. It made me think of a few of my friends that say some on the surface mean things to me, but they say them at a time that I really need to hear it to get my butt kicked out of a funk.
Good times.

Nicole and I went to Biaggi's after for dinner, just sat and talked like we haven't gotten to for a long while. I think of all the demands on my time that I seek out, that I like because it doesn't leave me at home, alone. However, in not taking time to just be, just sit and spend time with people, I miss out I think.
I'm spending the weekend with Stephanie who I used to live with. I swear, last night in the 3ish hours we were awake after I arrived I laughed so hard I almost peed like 5 times. I so miss living with her! She got me a new deck of Skip-Bo (the better to kick X's BUTT with) and a DVD Family Feud game...which is so fun to play! Stephanie and Nicole are playing now.
It's just been a nice weekend, relaxing, hilarious, and refreshing. Just perfect!
Plus I talked to deano on the phone before his drunken night out with old friend. I heart deano! I'm so happy that I stalked him so long and then forced him to cave to the fact that I'm a big deal and he should be my BFF!

Alright, they're done playing so I'm gonna jet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting some quality time to just be you and "chillax" as you like to say...

I can't wait to see P.S. I Love You! I just read the book a few weeks ago, and it is phenomenal! I highly recommend it to all your readers!

Hope you have fanfricktastical Christmas!!!

Love you!

Jake