1.10.2011

Welcome, to the Night Mare

I've decided to try to read 52 books this year again. Last year I only made it to about 35 but I'm trying again this year.
I won't be reviewing them like I did last year, if you can call it that, but creating an epic (ok that might be a stretch) list for posting the end of 2011. I've already got 3 under my belt, so we'll see if I can keep on track.
But I digress.

So I was about 100 pages from the end of Every Last One and could just feel the climax of the story coming. It was pretty close to 11pm so I thought I would read a few more pages and then call it a night.
Except the climax of the story was a home invasion and homicide.

:gulp:

Yeah. So, sleep didn't work out so well for me that night.
I jumped at every noise and even at the shadow of my elbow in the light of my iPod.
I couldn't lay with my back to the door like I usually do because that's how the woman was laying in the book. My shoulder blades were just itching with the anticipation of a butcher knife in my back.

It took me until almost 2am to fall asleep, and of course by fall asleep I mean "pass out from sheer exhaustion".

But I am happy to report that I did still get up in 3 1/2 hours and work out like a champ.
I did pretty good energy-wise until about 430, when I crashed and hard. I was out like a light by 9pm that night. For the next almost 14 hours.

Ahhhh, paranoid delusions how I loathe thee.

No comments: