2.11.2010

Time Travelers Wife

Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger was the third book I read this year.
I read Time Travelers Wife because some people I know were mooning over the book. I...didn't really care for it. I had to push myself to finish it.
I'm sure that part of it because it's almost exclusively about a romantic relationship between the Time Traveler and the girl/woman that would become his wife; and you know, I'm not all that interested in sappy love stories.
I was also a little creeped out by the relationship between the Time Traveler and the little girl that would grow up to be his wife. I mean, I understand that the guy was a time traveler and he was hanging out with this girl but he was a man that was hanging out secretly with a little girl that he was telling he would one day marry. It just sort of skeeved me out.
It jumped around a lot too and I found it hard to follow the story line.

But I can also see why people that are interested in sappy love stories would like it. Fate! Melodrama! Longing for your one true love! There was also the element of never knowing where you're going to be when and how long you get to stay. That was sort of exciting at points, just not enough.
It just wasn't really my cuppa.

No comments: