10.02.2009

Irrational

I have found it almost completely impossible to cope with life right now. My capacity to relate and process over stimulating life this week dropped like a rock to the bottom of a very deep and dark cavern.

Work was busy, my life group sabbatical has officially come to an end and my terrified first steps onto the path towards health happened this week. It was a week that every night was filled with a commitment when all I really wanted to do was crawl in bed in flannel pajamas and pull the covers over my head. It was a week of dreams that I remembered and haunted me throughout the days.
It was a week of nothing terrible, nothing dramatic except for the irrational thoughts pinging around my melodramatic head.

But then I would think about how ridiculous I was being, wrapping myself up so tight in this little drama in my head. This would lead to me berating myself for being selfish which started the whole loop again. It got me longing for the luxury of a breakdown.

Quick, name this movie!
"You gotta be rich to be insane, Hol. Losing your mind is not a luxury for the middle class."


It was very very easy to swing into the land of irrationality and cop a squat for a nice extended visit with old friends.
I've had lofty goals for this week of what I want to get accomplished, none of which happened.
But tomorrow is another day. At least that's what I keep telling myself, that and at least tomorrow is a Saturday.

Posts that may only be slightly related:
Lady Cramps
Facing the Strain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((HUG)))