5.31.2009

Servolution

I'm reading Servolution by Dino Rizzo and am blown away so far. I'm not to far in, but here are some of my favorite thoughts.

I feel our heavenly Father feels the same way for the lost. The heart of God Almighty sees the people in our homes, in our cities, in the cubicles next to us, and down the street. He values them as prizes He is unwilling to go without, and He looks intently into our hearts and says, "Let's do whatever it takes-no matter the cost. We can't let them get away!
Throughout the Bible, God's cry is heard as He calls out to His people to notice others. Others in nursing homes, others without homes, others living without fathers, other living dysfunctional lives, others working in strip clubs or selling their bodies, others next door, and others around the world. Because of HIs intense love for the worl, He sent HIs son to die for us, and whoever believes in Jesus-whoever believes-will be saved.

My hope is that through the story of our ongoing journey, Christians will be awakened to see the world from a new perspective, that we will not wake up thinking, "How can I grow my church today?" or "How can I improve my career today?" but rather that the first thought in our hearts every morning will be, "How can I serve the people in my life today? How can I reach out and care for those who live next door and work in the same office with me?"
We may never know until we get to heaven how our service and our simple acts of kindness have affected the course of a life, a community, or even a nation. If we do nothing, the result will be-nothing! However, when we engage in a pursuit to serve others, and a servolution is ignited to care for the hurting around us, we will witness the most amazing results. People will find hope and healing that can be found only in Jesus. We will find that we are part of something much bigger than ourselves as we join with Him in building His kingdom.


Yeah, that's just in the introduction. Awesome stuff!

No comments: