2.20.2009

Esther

I'm doing a Beth Moore study on Esther with church. Did you know that Esther is the 1 book in the bible where God isn't mentioned at all? I know, I'm surprised too.
It's been a really good study, and I'm not nearly as overwhelmed by how emphatic Moore is this time around, now I'm just laughing along with her.
I wrote during one of the first sessions the following in my notes, they aren't complete sentences just blurbs:

When you think everyone else would be God's choice He may have his sights set on you.

There is as much to learn about God through where he is not as where he is. We can learn from/through God's absence

Don't we all feel like we lose God sometimes? Sometimes I can't find God but I know he's still there...somewhere.

God never wants to be anonymous in your life
I have no idea what I want to say about those four things. They just keep spinning and spinning around in my head and heart.

No comments: