10.21.2008

What happened last night....

So early this morning I was laying in bed half asleep and I heard my bedroom door creak open. Immediately I realized someone must have broken into my house and they were coming to kill me.
I rolled over trying to peer through the dark, which is often difficult. I sat up and leaned forward thinking all the while that it was probably just Agnes, and she was likely to jump up and scare me….which she did.
I mean, I think she brought in a trampoline because she not only jumped up on the bed she jumped up into my face! So I did the most natural thing ever…I screamed bloody murder. Which scared Agnes who immediately jumped off the bed and scurried out the door, hitting the dresser on her way out.
All this time Gertrude was grumpily roused out of her deep sleep at the end of my bed with all my moving around to see who was coming in my room. When I screamed she also bolted off of the bed and straight into the wall.

Ahhhh the joys of living alone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should know better than to drink coffee while reading your blog...

May I suggest a little bell for each of their collars? At least that way you'll know it's them.

Unless the boogey man catches on and buys a bell too. Which would suck. But boogey men are mean like that.

LaCourse said...

Maybe you need a night light? haha. Good story... Did I tell you how the other week I was in our closet in the middle of the night and turned around to see someone standing there and I freaked out and almost peed my pants!? Yeah.. it was my reflection in the mirror.. It's amazing how no sleep from a baby will do to your mind. :)

ellenjane said...

Yeah, Lisa I totally looked at another house very similar to mine, and I rejected it because ALL of the closet doors were mirrored and it scared me just visiting for 5 minutes seeing my reflection everywhere.
I totally couldn't do that.

Now the other question is...why were you in the closet in the middle of the night?

LaCourse said...

Hiding from a crying baby.. why else!? hehe