10.28.2008

Sin Bravely On

I was told that last night when I was having one of my "I can't do anything right are you sure you want to trust me with something, anything ever?" moments. I had said something along the lines of, "I just don't want to do it wrong, or mess it up" about some things I had to write up.
Ben looked at me and said, "Yeah, you're just going to need to get over that."

Sin bravely on was something that Martin Luther said, and while I've been trying to find something to hotlink for you to see the context of it I just can't find anything that isn't overly verbose. But basically it's because no matter what we do we fall short of the glory of God, and as believers we are already tied to Christ. So while we should strive to be more and more like Christ, we should sin bravely, continuing to reach towards God knowing that Grace covers everything.

So I'm trying. I'm trying to remember that my definition is not in the wrong words spit out by those that held false authority in my life. I'm trying to remember that I'm not a failure if I fail, only if I give up and become complacent.
It was a lovely after meeting meeting with Michelle talking a little about that and a little about things to do and how to do them. I love that she is a part of this team and that we can lean on each other for encouragement, ideas.
I'm working as hard as I can, on my knees, on my face to drown out the voices I have held onto for to long, praying for God to yank out the sick roots that were planted by those with false authority that spoke ugliness into my life.
I'm trying to sin bravely on and just keep failing into the arms of Grace.

No comments: