6.20.2008

Loud Living

I'm thinking about turning my TV off for the summer. I mean, I don't have cable and the only new stuff on is reality *puke* television anyway right.
I find that I turn the TV on and zone out, I do nothing and turn into a gigantic slug.

I have a ton of books on my shelf that I haven't read yet. I could read those. I could go to the library, the park, I could sit on my balcony and just read.
I could write more, here and off line.
I could pray more.

All the noise coming out of the TV just seems to drown out the voices in my head. For a long time that was a good thing, a necessary thing, because all the voices in my head were telling me to die, that I sucked at life and that no one truly would ever love me. But those voices have dimmed, they've been overtaken by the voices of all you lovely people that tell me kind things, encouraging things.
Now loud living has just become a way for me to hide from real, hard, true living.
We'll see how this goes...

4 comments:

Katy said...

I want to be just like you someday.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I admit it. I record "So you think you can dance."

I set the DVR to record it when the auditions started, because the bad dancers are hysterical. I find myself engrossed by the good dancers now.

MCAC said...

I heart you.


:)

Katy said...

I think Jake might be the male version of me.