4.13.2008

Wow...almost a week

It's been almost a week since I posted? Wow.
It's been a rough week.
I was sick...gross and irrationally filled with rage sick, not good OR fun. I ended up going home early twice this week...and that's SO not something I do unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Luckily I pulled through at the last minute with the help of some hefty pain pills and sleep, sweet glorious sleep.
Friday Stephanie came into town YAY! We met up at Target in Tri-County and I got the first season of How I Met Your Mother (smurf penis!). We went back to my place and I was humiliated in several games of Skip Bo while we watched the first 7 episodes and laughed our asses off.

Saturday I got up and went with Peggy, Stephanie and Laura (and her cute little boy Eli) and we gave away 6 dozen donuts to workers at stores in the Tylersville-Cox shopping area. Boy were they surprised and excited! We just wanted to give them a treat and tell them practically that God loved them and we appreciated them showing up and working on a Saturday.
After that Mom, Sharen, Aunt Cathy and I went to Davids Bridal and Sharen BOUGHT A WEDDING DRESS! It's so pretty and I have it in my closet...but I won't be wearing it a la Monica on Friends :)
After the dress shopping Sharen mom and dad went to Manor House to finalize reception plans and Aunt Cathy and I took Matthew to Meijer so I could grocery shop. Matthew rode the horse twice. As I was loading him in my car he said, "Aunt Bethany that horse was going to fast, it made my belly hurt." Oh, ok I thought. Well......
About half a mile from my house Matthew burped once, and then projectile vomited all over my backseat. Luckily Aunt Cathy was in the backseat with him and caught a bunch in her hands. We rushed to my house and cleaned up Matthew. I went to pull the car seat out of the back seat to clean it off and saw that there was puke (well, hot dog chunks mixed with puke) CAKED under it into the light gray interior of my Camry. I was a good aunt though and was mostly more concerned about the well being of Matthew :)
In case you need this information:
Resolve Pet Stain Remover also works on kid puke stains.....

So Aunt Cathy and I bundled Matthew up in a blanket and rushed him home to his house. I cuddled him on the kitchen floor after he puked on me and the living room sofa (helllllo linoleum!) and basked in the stench of revisited hot dogs and the rhea gilberts. He just kept falling asleep and then waking up while puking. It was so tough seeing it because the poor guy didn't really understand what was happening, he just kept saying noooooooo right before he retched.
Sharen and everyone got home and we settled Matthew into "sick camp" in the living room...also known as a futon mattress and puke bucket. I tried to cuddle with him once, and he mustered up enough energy to lift his pale face and demand that I get my own sleeping bag.
He finally stopped puking about 930. I left about 10 and headed home. Stephanie came back from her sister and brothers a little bit later and we hung out for a bit before crashing.

Sunday I got up and worked at early church with elementary kids. Phew, they were WOUND UP. Rainy and gloomy days mean no bouncies and lots of pent up energy in one room. I was pegged in the side of the face with a ping pong ball and had to pull some boys off of the netting of a basketball game (that they were CHEATING at) and tell a little girl that telling her teacher that the lesson was dumb and boring wasn't following the respect rule. Good times. Oh, and keep in mind todays lesson was on OBEDIENCE.
I rushed through chatting with some people and then headed out to the mall to meet Mom, Sharen, and Cathy at the mall to shop for mom's dresses for the rehearsal dinner and wedding, I even tried on some dresses too! (I know!)
Then lunch at Tavern on the Green with the family and mom and dad headed home.
Sharen Cathy and I still had a few dollars burning a hole in our pockets so we went to Kohl's. I got...the cutest outfit. I mean, it's soooo not a Bethany outfit but I think it's really cute. I may wear it with actual styled hair and makeup...who knows, I may look....gulp, cute.
I also bought shorts.

So that's what I've been up to. What have you been doing?

Oh, and dinner with Bobbie on Wednesday woooooooo hoooooooo!

No comments: