12.27.2007

This struggle to give birth

I feel slightly less crazy today then yesterday, but only because I got some good rest. How odd is it that something as simple as rest can refresh your view on the world? It's amazing that our bodies were built in such a way that rest is required to keep moving.
I released all that was in me to deano yesterday, over a very impassioned message. It felt good that his response wasn't flip, wasn't writing my thoughts and ideas off as frivilous or impossible. He encouraged me and gave me some tangible ways to move forward with the whisper of a dream that is in my heart.
I can see the end point clearly, almost so clearly that I think I can reach out and touch it. But I'm still at point A. I don't know how to traverse the path to the end. This internal dialogue that I've been having with myself, these ideas and motivations, thoughts and dreams have gone unspoken for so long, that I'm concerned speaking of them will cause them to dissapate somehow.
I want to have these conversations with people, but don't know how to begin them. How to tell them what is going on in my heart. I'm afraid of the discouragement I will encounter and that the discouragement will cause me to turn back from what has been haunting my thoughts for years.
It's like I'm birthing a new life and this is the gestation period. What does it mean for the plans I've begun making not even a month ago? At what point should plans cease and begin to move in a new direction? How do I know which direction to move it? What will I do if I get to the destination and it's not what I see now?
All of these questions, all of these doubts are my own. It would almost be better if I could doubt someone else, doubt their fidelity and honor. But it is mine that I doubt. My ability to speak clearly to the whisp of a dream that is starting to spark, my ability to put my foot down and really follow where I feel like God is leading me, my ability to say that and not be afraid that people think I'm a crazy religious fanatic.
This gestation period of refinement is burning and stretching me in ways that I'm not entirely comfortable with. But growth is not exactly supposed to be comfortable all the time right?
Is this just me being tired? Me being cranky and restless? Is this me feeling to close and dependant on someone and wanting to flee to save my heart?
I know the answers will be provided, I know the path will be made clear, if only a few feet at a time.
Perhaps this is why I'm not good at long term plans, because I get frustrated when I can't predict. When I try to predict and it doesn't pan out I feel like a failure....even though I've learned so much more in the process then I could have ever hoped to have learned had the path been straight and narrow.
So thanks deano....you crazy pancake maker you. It felt nice and encouraging to be heard without judgement.

1 comment:

MCAC said...

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Your everything, everything, I wish I could be......

I could fly higher than an eagle.....


Now you're singing it.
; )