12.05.2007

Isn't it funny?

The way you have one experience that was so visceral and lovely, and then the rest of the weekend conversations and meetings follow that same experience? I think it's just lovely. It's the weekend I had last weekend.
I went to Cleveland Saturday and had a great time just hanging out with Jake and talking, something we don't get to do nearly enough. Because Ang and Mel left later then expected he and I had almost 4 1/2 hours of uninturrupted time together and it was so restful, so reassuring to talk to someone that seems so atuned to the crazy in my head...but you know without all that annoying sexual (does he like me like me or just like me and vice versa) tension mucking it up. Saturday night I went to see Rob Bell speak (see previous long winded entry) and then had a lovely drive home that took four hours but only felt like 1 oddly enough.
Then Sunday morning I went to church. I love my church, have I mentioned that lately? I mean, I hear people complaining about their churches and how broken and disjointed they are and while I feel bad, I feel so lucky to be in a church like mine. Granted the people in my church are FAR from perfect, but in their imperfections they are so genuine and transparent about it that you can't help but love them.
But I digress....I know I know.
Sunday was the last part of a three part sermon series called, "The Hard Questions Jesus Asked Series" (pimp alert....http://www.4cornerschurch.com/messages/series/ ). This one was based on the question that Jesus asked Pilate before he was handed over for crucifixtion John 18:34
34"Is that your own idea," Jesus asked, "or did others talk to you about me?"
It seemed to almost just be a continuation of the talk Rob Bell gave in a lot of ways. Talking about the empty rituals and measurements that are almost unatainable for people to live up to.
It was just really good, and I love that I get to play even a small part in the growth that is happening at our church.
It just really excites me.

So then I went home Sunday and watched "Everything is Spiritual" DVD that I bought. It's the talk from Rob Bells last tour. I'll have another long winded entry about that because it was so good, took a lot of notes on that one too.
Bible study Sunday night with a great bunch of people from my church. We talk about the sermon that Ben gives on Sunday as our "curriculum". I find it so refreshing and filling to be able to process the sermons that way with other people. Gertrude and Agnes have grown bored with my soap box proclamations when I get home from church on Sunday, so they've enjoyed that I have this group to talk to (they're my cats, just in case you didn't know)
I got home from bible study and X called. We had an almost 2 hour conversation that ranged from what was rolling around in my head about RB and church to our friendship. It was hilarious, endearing, and reassuring that we're on the same page about these things. I can tell you one thing. X is a pretty stand up X person, I love that we are friends.
Monday I went to bed at 830, and with the exception of waking up at 1130 to set my alarms I slept straight through until 730 Tuesday. Yeah, and I totally could have slept some more.
Yesterday I had a moment or two of irrationality (I know, shocking) and while I still feel that my reaction (in my head, because why should I tell people how I feel when they can just guess?) was perfectly valid and called for, it was nice to once again be able to decompress about it with X. X and I had some Wendy's for dinner, watched some Family guy and just chilaxed. It was again, lovely.
I woke up this morning feeling better about certain situations then I have in 3 weeks, I woke up feeling optimistic once again that things can be better and I can move out of this irrational fear and anxiety that seem to have been gripping my head of late. I woke up this morning knowing that X played a pretty big part in that and for that, I say thank you. (Not that X ever reads these in a timely manner if at all) : )

Oh, and I also borrowed Josh Ritters CD from X and I'm loving it. It's so good, for something I've never heard before, and someone I've never heard of before.

Wow, apparently this is just a super kudos to X thread : )

2 comments:

MCAC said...

I think X is worth the kudos blog!

; )

Glad you're feeling better and had a great time in Cleveland!!

Anonymous said...

agreed