11.27.2007

Serving Quotes.....

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.-Anne Frank

A strong group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
-Margaret Mead


Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James

The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all. ~Leo Rosten

Live simply that others might simply live. ~Elizabeth Seaton

We can do no great things, only small things with great love. ~Mother Teresa

Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful. ~Author Unknown.

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world. ~Mother Teresa (Agnes Gonxha Bojarhiu)

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little - do what you can. ~Sydney Smith

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. ~Mother Teresa

This is the true joy in life - being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. ~George Bernard Shaw

How far that little candle throws his beams!So shines a good deed in a weary world.~William Shakespeare

Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. ~Norman B. Rice

I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn

The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?" ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Do not commit the error, common among the young, of assuming that if you cannot save the whole of mankind you have failed. ~Jan de Hartog

Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them... he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?" God said, "I did do something. I made you." ~Author Unknown

I've seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives. ~Tracy Chapman

Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope... and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance. ~Robert F. Kennedy

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Mahatma Ghandi

Go the extra mile. It's never crowded. ~Author UnknownExecutive Speechwriter Newsletter--

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. ~Betty Reese

Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. ~Mother Teresa

Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve.... You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. ~Mother Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't pick a favorite to comment on... I love so many!
J